Giving a gift is certainly one of life’s win-win moments. In giving, we prepare our gifts with care and anticipation. In receiving, we are both delighted and humbled by the expression of gratitude, love or care for us. When giving a gift two sentiments still hold true. It is better to give than receive and it really is the thought that counts.
Tea parties give us an excuse to be a giver in the preparation of a small favor for our guests. It certainly isn’t necessary or expected…just a tradition we enjoy. Perhaps you feel the same way. And since gifting can be expensive, especially for a large tea party, we thought to share our ever expanding list of thrifty, nifty tea party favors! These are great for wedding and baby showers as well. Feel free to share your own ideas.
DISCLAIMER: One of our favorite stores for inexpensive favors is AsianIdeas.com. You’ll see links below for some of the gifts we’ve discovered. However, we are not affiliated with this store and recommend shopping at your own risk. Links are for information only.
Gifts Under $5.oo
1. A purchased or handmade bookmark – We especially like the handmade ideas on Tipnut.com
2. A See’s Candy chocolate! If you live near a See’s store, you can purchase individual chocolates and boxes to fit just one piece. Last we checked, the cost was under $2.50 for a truffle with the box.
3. A homemade treat plus the recipe: a big cookie, some homemade candy or loaf of tea bread
4. A lovely candle
5. A paper or silk fan
6. A small potted plant: house plant, flowering annual or herb wrapped in gift foil with a ribbon or raffia tie
7. A packet of seeds
8. A packet of bubble bath
10. Pretty Coasters
11. A nice pair of chopsticks
12. A key chain
13. Luggage Tags
14. Crystal Cut Flower Pot in Box – Beautiful!
Gifts Under $10.00
1. A Christmas Ornament
2. Name/Address book
5. Tea Strainer
7. Collectible Demitasse Tea Spoon
8. A mini teapot
10. A paper back book: poems, tips or a fun story
A Great List of DIY Party Favors
The University of Phoenix Arts has a blog entry by Brianna Davis called Get Crafty With These 20 DIY Party Favors. It includes good ideas for weddings, kid’s parties and showers. Our favorite is #8 Cupcake in a Jar. We can definitely see some possibilities for tea parties.
We hope you enjoy these resources. May your creativity be inspired!
We invite you to visit Teapots ‘n More and browse our current selection of tea accessories and sugars as well as new bone china teapots, tea sets and other delights.