Lemon Cream Puffs
(Makes 30-40 puffs)
30 – 40 Mini Cream Puffs**
2 Containers of Cool Whip Non-Dairy Whipped Topping (8 oz.)
2 cups Lemon Curd or 16 oz. ready made
1. Mix together 1 cup lemon curd with whipped topping. Slice tops of cream puffs almost all the way through. Lift top and fill each with 1-2 teaspoons of lemon filling. Add a small dot of remaining lemon curd to top of lemon filling. Replace cream puff tops and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Note: This recipe can be made a few hours in advance and kept covered, in the refrigerator. Other fruit jams can be used in place of the lemon curd. Sweet tart flavors work best. Also try substituting a thin slice of fresh fruit or small berry for the dot of lemon curd/jam.
** See Cream Puff recipe below.
(Makes 30-40 mini puffs)
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup water
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add water and bring to a boil. Add flour and salt all at once; stir vigorously.
2. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn’t separate. (It will pull away from the side.)
3. Remove from heat and cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition until smooth and glossy, 1-2 minutes. (The batter gets more glossy with each egg you add. Just make sure egg is completely beat into the flour mixture. Even if your arm gets tired, don’t rush this step. Beating the eggs is what makes the cream puffs rise so don’t try to beat them in all at once.)
4. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls (about the size of a quarter) onto a greased baking sheet, approximately 1 inch apart. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Puffs will be golden brown, dry and sound hollow when tapped. Store in an airtight container for 2 days until ready to use or freeze up to 2 weeks.
You’re invited to click Teapots ‘n More to browse a large selection of teapots, tea accessories, teacups, tea miniatures and elegant tea sets.