Makes about 3 dozen.
1 cup softened butter (no margarine)
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 ¼ cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Gradually stir in flour. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes.
3. Pat into a 3/8″ thick rectangle measuring 11″ by 8″ (about the size of a sheet of lined paper).
4. Cut into 2″ by 1″ strips. Place 1″ apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until bottom begins to brown. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container 1-2 weeks or freeze for 3-4 months.
You’re invited to visit Teapots ‘n More and browse our selection of English bone china tea sets, teapots, tea accessories and antique tea cups.