2 cups crushed strawberries*
4 cups granulated sugar
1 package sure-jell pectin, powdered form
3/4 cup water
*Tip: For 2 cups crushed strawberries, use approximately 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced and crushed.
1. Stir sugar into crushed strawberries and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. While strawberries are “sitting”, bring powdered pectin and water to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
3. Add while hot to strawberries. Stir about 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
5. Let stand for 24 hours at room temperature lightly covered with wax paper. You want any steam to escape as jam cools so don’t tightly cover the containers.
6. Tightly seal, removing as much air as possible. Keeps in refrigerator for 2 weeks or in the freezer for 6 months.
Makes about 3 cups.
See the short video below for good visual instructions.
Are you planning a tea party? You’re invited to visit Teapots ‘n More and browse our latest selection of teapots, tea accessories, teacups, tea miniatures and elegant tea sets.