Whether an impromptu kitchen tea or a fancy sit down affair, nothing brightens up the table like a little lace or linen! It transforms the table and signals to your guests that it’s time to take a breather…be comfortable…put a napkin in your lap…savor your conversation…really enjoy the delights of the hour.
Here are some ideas for easily adding a lace and linen touch:
– Tea in the Kitchen: Put a tea cozy on the pot, a crocheted lace doily in the center and use cloth napkins.
– Tea in the Dining Room: Fancy tablecloths are always lovely, but you can also make a little go a long way with lace. On a solid color tablecloth, use a lace table runner down the center. Another idea is to lay paper or crocheted lace doilies in an overlapping pattern down the center as a lace table runner. These can be all the same size or different sizes and shapes. Large lace doilies also make for lovely placemats.
– Tea in the Garden: Try a one color theme such as all white. Layer one or more white table cloths of different lengths, patterns or cloth types. Or introduce one pastel or vivid color layered between a white or cream tablecloth & table topper.
– Tea al Fresco (outdoors): Use a quilt either on an outdoor table or as a picnic blanket and add cloth napkins. If you’re so inclined and setting a table, a lace or linen table topper or tablerunner would look nice layered over the quilt.
– Other Lace & Linen Ideas:
Wrap a pretty tea towel around your teapot instead of a tea cozy.
Use a large lace pillow sham as a table topper.
Try a patterned table cloth with a lace or solid colored topper.
Make layers of table cloths with complimentary colored patterns and sizes such as a floral print, then strips or checks and lace on top.
Whatever you do, you’ll be setting the stage for a lovely party!
You’re invited to visit Teapots ‘n More and browse our selection of linens, teapots, tea accessories, teacups, tea miniatures, teas and more.